9.07.2010

Sometimes life just isn't nice.

I can't say this enough - I AM NOT AN ANIMAL PERSON!!

BUTTTT.....

Seeing one suffer is not fun. Seeing someone sad because of an animal is not fun.

Last night we had to put one of the horses down. We tried to get her to push through it, but she was too sick. It was sad watching my grandpa and Derek decide that she wasn't going to make it and that she needed to be put down. It was sad watching them cry as they said unspoken goodbyes. It was sad when Derek told us stories about her. He was pulled over by a cop, she was the only horse who had tried bucking him off, he had just got her to where she would lope. It was sad watching him watch tv to keep her off his mind.

Its sad that he had to watch 2 of his favorite animals die in 6 months.

Even though he won't read this; Derek you really amaze me. You are kind of a horse whisperer. You have such a talent on those beautiful animals. You are so tough, and responsible. I hope that you can find peace in this hard time, even if she was 'just' an animal. Thank you for being a good example to me.

2 comments:

k_kbrimhall said...

I am not an animal lover either. But I am so sad to hear that Derek had to go through that. You are right it doesn't seem to fair. Just talked to Aunt Bon and heard about Jhett having to do the same thing. Way to hard! Sorry you boys had to say good bye to such good friends. Love ya

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Tiffy, Thank you for seeing what is important to Derek and loving him for it! It meant a lot not only to him but to me to see you encourage that horse to get up and try and live! I feel the same as you about animals, for some reason he (us) might need to learn from these animals dieing. I am so proud of him and Dad for doing what they have to do to "take care" of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...